Author: Alexandra Doherty
If you love cooking and have made loads of yummy dishes, it is natural that you would want to share such food with your pets too. However, our food might not be suitable for pets at all times. So why not make them their meals instead?
Whether you want to make treats or full-fledged meals for your furry friends, you can find recipes for it. By making such meals and treats for your pets, you can share your love for them through delicious food.
What to Keep in Mind While Preparing Food for Pets?
While you prepare the meals for your dog or cat, you must remember a few crucial points. Since our bodies and the pets’ bodies are so different, their diet is also varied. Thus, you must remember to avoid harmful food and keep a majority of healthier items.
Here is what you should keep in mind while preparing the meals:
- Add Protein and Veggies– Of course, for your pets, the best food item to go for is proteins and also meats. Anything naturally rich in protein and suitable for pets will be perfect. However, this does not mean that you must bombard the dishes with protein; try to maintain a healthy balance of all nutrients. Moreover, much like proteins, you must add lots of veggies into the food too.
- Reduce Excess Fats– While humans can digest fats well, it is not the same for pets. Our stomachs have evolved and can bear much fat and break it down. However, your pets will not like that addition, so it is best to stay away from putting in too much fat. Some fat on meats is natural, but do not add oils and butter. Yes, butter may be super flavorful, but it will harm your pet a lot.
- Reduce Sugar Intake– Sugar, at least too much of it, is harmful to anyone, including pets and humans. However, especially for pets, sugar can cause much damage to their system. While having tiny bits of sugar might be all right, try to generally avoid treats or other meals that have any added sugar in them. If your dog has a sweet tooth, you can replace all the sugar with honey instead.
- Add Natural, Remove Processed Food– It is best to give your pets more and more organic food items. The fresher the food is, the better. Make sure to feed your pet lots of veggies and fruits you can find in the market. While doing this, also remember not to give them lots of packaged and processed food items.
- Be Careful of Dairy– While Dairy products like yogurt or cheese might be ideal in adding calcium into your pets’ diet, be careful. Ensure that your pet is not lactose intolerant because many pets are usually lactose intolerant by birth. If your pet is not handling dairy well, use items like spinach for calcium instead.
Recipes for Pets
Now that we know what to do and avoid- let’s jump right onto the recipes. Here are five easy yet yummy recipes for your pets:
Beef and Rice
Beef and Rice is a quick yet filling one-pot recipe. It is perfect for when you might not have enough time or energy to make a more detailed meal.
- Ground Beef
- Brown Rice
- Kidney Beans (Canned or soaked)
- Carrots (Diced)
- Mix all of the above ingredients and add them into a slow cooker or in a pot.
- Add water as needed; if you want a runnier stew, add more than required.
- In the case of a slow cooker, cook for around 6 hours on low heat. And for the pot, place it over the lowest flame possible and cook for 4-6 hours.
Salmon and Spinach Scrambled Eggs
It includes both eggs and salmon that are high in nutrients. Pets adore this simple yet delicious meal.
- Splash of oil
- Heat a pan, add a splash of oil and cook the salmon and spinach until both get cooked.
- Add beaten or unbeaten eggs into the salmon spinach.
- Stir the mixture well for at least a couple of minutes to make the scramble.
Pumpkin Cookie Treats
These cookie treats include CBD, proven to help dogs with pain and anxiety by many research works.
- Pumpkin puree
- Oats (Optional)
- CBD oil
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in one bowl and keep them aside.
- Preheat your oven and while it’s heating, mix the pumpkin puree, CBD oil, and eggs.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients to make a dough.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin and cut out your desired cookie shapes.
- Bake the cookies for at least half an hour and cool them.
Banana Peanut Butter Lollies
Cooling lollies with High Quality Red Bali Kratom is safe and may help your pet with their anxiety and encourage them to relax.
- Bananas (Peeled)
- Peanut Butter
- Kratom Powder
- Yogurt (Skip it If Needed)
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and make a smooth paste of it.
- Put the paste into an ice tray or such containers and freeze for 6+ hours.
Perfect bite-sized treats for your feline friends to snack on whenever they feel like it. They are tiny but contain lots of nutrients from the tuna and egg.
- Tuna (Drained)
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender and make a sticky dough.
- Preheat your oven and roll out the dough in the meantime.
- Cut out small shapes from the dough and then bake them for at least 20 minutes.
Sharing food and quality handmade meals with your pet is something every owner might have wanted to do at some point in time. While the task seems too challenging for anyone, cooking for your pets is easier than it seems.
If you find out nutritious recipes with ingredients you can get, you too can make your pet their favorite meal. Moreover, the meal would be even better since you would handmade it and contain your love for them.